The architectural workshop "Eastern and Western Southern European Marquet Squares" is a 4-year Intensive Program (IP), within the Socrates/Erasmus frame.
The IP as an Architectural Workshop "Eastern and Western Southern European Market Squares" is intended to:
- Propose a reflection upon the relationships between:
- contemporary social habits and commercial sites.
- the will to stay and the need for marketplace renovation.
- new ways of life versus real stays of different places in the city.
- relationship, broadly speaking, between architecture and society.
- Put into practice:
- ways of cooperative learning in architecture.
- international teamwork.
- intensive tasks on architectural design.
- sharing resources on the web.
- Build some deep relationships between countries and cultures of the Southern part of Europe, from Eastern to Western sides.
The target group of this IP is composed of under-graduate students.
The different activities and tasks will deal with an intensive architectural design workshop, framed in the general reflection of this IP: remodellation and design of buildings and urban sites aimed to become market places.
The expected result from this IP is somehow aimed in two directions: in the academic environment we expect knowledge improvement and market design practice for the students who will take part in this IP; and in a more general aspect of influence, we also expect results coming from this discussion, in the scope of an european cooperation, concerning the problems between society, ways of life and architecture.
|last update: 10/04/2006
||Eastern and Western Southern European Market Squares